I know that I need to blog more. Blogging (or just plain ol' writing) helps me loosen up a bit before I take on "bigger" projects like ... dissertation revising. So here is my promise to myself -- I will blog more and, as a result, finish those pesky revisions! To kick start this new week off, here are some issues that I am thinking through right now:
- Most importantly, I need to finish the revision of chapter three (methodology). I have a lot of what I need in this chapter done but I need to reorganize the whole sucker.
- I will be getting a whole boat load of student essays this week -- I need to make sure to evaluate them carefully and get them back to the students by the end of the week.
- Submit my presentation proposal to the TYCA Mid-West Conference in October. I basically have it done but I need to get it formatted and emailed.
- Work on a 4C's proposal ... I think. I would like to submit something having to do with my dissertation study but I am not 100% sure that I want to. I have had such great luck with 4C's proposals (every single time I have submitted I have gotten in!) that I am not sure that I want to jinx myself with a proposal that may be hastily put together. To do it well might take more brain cells that I possess at the moment!
- Clean my home office (trust me, it is a mess!)
Update the reading list on this blog, as well as the race results page. (Done!)
OK, maybe I do have a lot to do! But one thing at a time! Today? I have an indoor triathlon in a few hours (why do I always get so nervous even though this is just practice with my pals?) and I need to start tackling chapter three. I am ready for classes tomorrow (included a whole pile of papers that I managed to finish evaluating Friday afternoon and yesterday morning). I will check in tomorrow and report on what I managed to complete on Sunday! :D